Sr. Insights Analyst, Financial Crimes
About the role
Chime has established a Financial Crimes - Insights team that employs techniques & tools to produce concrete insights from Chime Data that can be explored by management and investigators to identify and examine anomalies in line with Financial Crimes. This team analyzes emerging money-laundering threats, develops data-driven insights, and completes sophisticated, technical roadmaps to mitigate the risk of financial crimes to Chime and Chime’s members.
As an Analyst on the team, you will support in delivering insights that inform financial crime detection strategies, and you will develop alerting/red flags. As an Analyst on the team you will use individual problem-solving and analytical skills to authenticate customers, review transaction patterns, and perform exploratory analyses on emerging market trends. With high growth in the team’s people and processes, we need a strong data analyst with Financial Crimes experience to support us with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Analytics programs around Anti-money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Sanctions and Identity Fraud. As the Insights Analyst, you will support the FinCrime Insights team in building and delivering key Analytics work-products including FinCrime models, dashboards, automated reporting and metrics.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $133,300 and up to $185,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Develop insights to quickly source, analyze and deduce root cause consistently and accurately across the Chime platform
- Be able to effectively articulate data-driven insights within the risk organization and cross-functionally on actions recommended from the team’s financial crimes analysis
- Support the team with identification of emerging trends and partner with the investigations and strategy teams to develop ongoing logic for risk mitigation
- Assist in identifying opportunities to enhance policies and monitoring activities
- Support with timely execution on deliverables, and transparency to affected subject matter experts
- Deep-dive into risk mitigation strategies and drive issues to closure while closely working with cross-functional teams
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5 years of Financial Crimes or other relevant experience including AML, KYC, Sanctions Screening and/or Fraud
- Intermediate to advanced experience in SQL, as well as experience with dashboarding tools like Looker (preferred) and Tableau
- Functional programming experience with Python, R, etc. to build statistical models is a plus
- Solid analytical skills and an understanding of how to utilize data to target improvements and develop solutions to problems
- Proven ability of developing solutions that balance risk with providing best in-class customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you’ll need to occasionally speak with, and present to, both internal stakeholders and external business partners
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the capability to make high-caliber decisions in real-time
- Energy to work as a team toward a goal to achieve desired results
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.