Senior Compliance Manager, Fair Lending
About the role
We are hiring for a Senior Compliance Manager on our Compliance team. As our Senior Compliance Manager, Fair Lending, you will focus on scaling our program and ensuring products, features, and services are delivered in a fair and responsible manner. This position will play a critical role in the product compliance journey by executing key deliverables and providing subject matter expertise related to regulatory requirements, industry practices, and bank partner expectations. You will work closely with Legal, Product, Engineering, Credit, Model Risk Management, Decision Science and Machine Learning teams to identify, assess, and mitigate fair lending risks across products, features, and services.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $146,610.00 and up to $207,700.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead the maintenance, enhancement, and execution of the fair lending compliance program, including governance, policies and procedures, advisory frameworks, risk assessment, and testing
- Provide subject matter expertise on fair lending compliance and communicate regulatory expectations for fair lending matters throughout the product life-cycle across applicable products, features, and services
- Perform ongoing reviews of consumer complaints, marketing & advertising, loan documentation, and all applicable consumer-related forms for fair lending risks
- Evaluate proposed business changes, including new or modified products/services/models/policies/processes to ensure compliance with applicable fair lending-related laws and regulations
- Drive corrective actions taken to address fair lending issues, including assisting with the implementation of remediation, conducting follow-up reviews to determine the adequacy, and effectiveness of the action taken
- Develop and administer training and education on fair lending across the company as applicable
- Provide regular reporting to senior management, committees, and bank partners on the effectiveness of the fair lending compliance program, including key deliverables, issues, regarding the level and direction of fair lending risk, status of remediation efforts, and communicate emerging trends or issues
To thrive in this role, you have
- Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree is a plus
- 8+ years of professional experience in Compliance, Risk or Audit roles financial institutions consumer compliance experience
- Significant experience performing fair Lending risk assessment and reviews
- Experience as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of consumer protection regulations such as Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth in Lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and UDAAP
- Demonstrable working experience with technology solutions used to provide robust fair lending analysis (e.g., RiskExec, CRA Wiz, SAS, etc.)
- Excellent communicator across different audiences with the ability to adjust communication style as appropriate; ability to simplify complex topics and distill information down to essential points for a non-technical audience
- Strong organization, analytical, and planning skills; ability work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects toward completion without compromising quality
- Strong ability to work with business partners to ensure alignment and positively impact change
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.