Senior Manager, Finance Strategy & Investor Relations
About the role
We’re seeking a Senior Manager of Finance Strategy & Investor Relations at Chime to help guide the company through our next chapter of growth and any future capital raising. In this cross-functional and high-impact role, you will leverage your strong analytical skills and effective communications to creatively position our business to private and public market audiences. You will also play a key role in preparing Chime to successfully complete any future financings, and will partner closely with several strategic teams across the business in doing so. This role has significant exposure to Chime’s C-suite and will play a meaningful role as we advance our financial strategy and positioning in the years ahead.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $168,570 and up to $238,900. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Analyze our financial performance, cohort trends, and unit economics and craft messaging to effectively convey your findings;
- Demonstrate your strong understanding of public market peers and the competitive ecosystem to enhance our company narrative and position Chime across multiple dimensions (TAM, unit economics, etc.);
- Play a key role in preparing company to successfully complete any future financings;
- Partner with FP&A and help guide our thinking across potential critical metrics, disclosures, and long-term target margins;
- Help lead investor and research analyst engagement across industry conferences, fireside chats, and investor meetings;
- Interact regularly with members of Chime’s management team, as well as cross-functional teams including Accounting, FP&A, Analytics, Communications, etc.
- Work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for creating and maintaining effective communication with teams;
- Support cross-functional efforts to bolster and implement Chime’s ESG strategy;
- Support quarterly workstreams and updates for Chime’s Board of Directors
To thrive in this role, you have
- 8+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, or a strategic role at a high-growth tech company with extensive hands-on exposure to financial modeling and strategic decision-making analysis; prior experience in high-growth tech, payments, or FinTech a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to synthesize complex information into clear takeaways, recommendations and/or broader strategic positioning
- Familiarity with public markets, and broader company strategy and positioning; prior IPO and capital raising experience a plus
- Comfort building and gleaning strategic insights from large scale financial models to drive real-time business conversations, and ability to strategically convey findings through Google Slides / PowerPoint / Word
- Strong stakeholder management skills, working effectively with cross-functionally and with multiple constituents
- Very high attention to detail and aptitude for planning / managing deadlines, and ability to execute and lead projects with minimal guidance
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in FinTech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.