Senior React Native Engineer
About the role
We’re looking for a strong engineer who has a passion for mobile technologies and innovating on the future of our mobile apps! As an engineer on the App Platform team, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to simplify how teams build our app for the highest quality, velocity, and member experience.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300.00 and up to $207,300.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work across the stack (React Native, Native iOS/Android, GraphQL API, CI/Build systems) to ship the best possible developer experience for all Chime product engineers
- Partner with Chime product and infrastructure teams to identify and build improvements to the app platform’s capabilities and frameworks
- Architect, refactor and strengthen the foundations of our app without disrupting and introducing regressions to millions of users
- Support teammates by participating actively in technical design, code reviews and architecture decisions
- Drive projects across our platform layer, such as making our mobile release more efficient through automation, expanding our design system components, developing client framework for analytics, etc.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Expertise in technologies such as React, Redux, GraphQL, Jest
- Experience leading execution of complex projects involving multiple engineers
- A strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.