Regulatory Member Relations Specialist
About the role
As a Regulatory Member Relations Specialist at Chime, you’ll be joining our growing Operations and Member Experience team by contributing your sound judgment, innovative thinking, and collaborative decision making. You’ll utilize your research and investigation skills to review consumer experiences that resulted in consumer dissatisfaction. You’ll work cross functionally with internal and external teams including operations, legal and compliance to identify trends and process gaps. You’ll serve as an internal consumer advocate, an external subject matter expert with state and federal regulators and consultant for all internal processes and procedures.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $62,190 and up to $84,700. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Research member complaints to comprehensively understand a consumer’s experience with Chime. Identify the point of failure for the consumer experience.
- Partner with process owners, product, legal and compliance to resolve member complaints. Pinpoint process gaps and escalate with a reasonable resolution to the appropriate business partner for remediation.
- Resolve member complaints as in line with Chime’s existing processes and procedures.
- Create draft summaries, detailed timelines and fact patterns that relate to a consumer’s complaint. Pull relevant supporting documentation and take full ownership for creating a thorough complaint response.
- Respond to consumer complaints in a clear and concise manner. Explain what went right and what went wrong in language that makes sense to a consumer and to a regulator.
- Work with existing and new Chime tooling to identify gaps within the system and reduce user friction for both internal and external users. Suggest improvements for tools and software to better track, test, and promote compliance and operation functions and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local consumer protection laws and regulations applicable to all of Chime’s products.
- Contribute to complaint reporting to keep key stakeholders aware of complaint issues and trends
To thrive in this role you
- Have 2+ years of experience in financial services, preferably in operations, complaints, compliance, risk management, dispute processing, and/or audit roles
- Have a strong ability to build relationships as well as establish trust and credibility with your colleagues through excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Escalated customer support experience in a high-volume environment.
- Possess strong critical thinking, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Have advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills
- Familiarity with FinTech products such as Chime, Venmo, Cash-App, Zelle, etc.
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.