Senior Director, Banking Strategy & Operations
About the role
As Senior Director, Banking Strategy & Operations, you will support our critical business partnerships and drive the strategy for Chime’s banking platform. You will own the Banking Strategic own our long term strategy to ensure Chime’s banking platform is positioned for long term success to best serve the needs of our business and product roadmap.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $236,900 and up to $315,900. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Drive the strategy setting and execution of Chime’s short, medium, and long term banking positioning by collaborating with the Chime Executive team and team members in Finance, Legal, Government Affairs, and Investor Relations to ensure Chime is setup for durable growth.
- Dive deep into our current bank partners’ key metrics, understanding their liquidity positions, balance sheet strategies, and risk appetites - and map together how our business objectives will necessitate changes with our partners
- Advocate with internal and external partners (including press, policy makers, and bank executives, and other key opinion leaders) Chime’s position in the banking landscape, and maintain our thought leadership in the space
- Develop Chime’s position on new potential banking regulations (e.g. Open banking, bank partnerships) and drive cross functional alignment and education
To thrive in this role, you have
- Have experience delivering strategic projects at Engagement Manager, Project Leader, Manager level at Top Tier strategy consulting firm
- Hands-on operational experience at a major financial institution / big bank deeply understanding how and why banks operate and manage their business strategies the way they do
- The ability to clearly communicate recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences, driving consensus from executives and peers, with world-class interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally.
- A strong passion for Chime’s mission to provide members financial peace of mind.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, capable of being hands on with the data to quickly interpret results and communicate concise recommendations.
- Have demonstrated a track record of professional excellence (e.g. promoted early, multiple promotions at top-tier company).
- Have 10+ years of work experience
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.