Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the platform, tools, and infrastructure supporting Chime's customer-serving products. As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will be developing tools to create and maintain cloud infrastructure, automating management of complex service-oriented applications, and creating frameworks to ensure the stability and scalability of Chime's platform.
- Automate everything, including scaling, monitoring, and operations.
- Build tools to enable self-service both within the team and across all of Chime engineering.
- Design, build, and support Chime's cloud infrastructure using automation and infrastructure-as-code.
- Develop tools and processes to enable the security, scalability, and availability of the products serving Chime's customers.
- Partner with product development engineers to build services according to modern design patterns; for example, the 12 Factor App methodology.
- Develop strong relationships with engineers, managers, and other colleagues based on trust, empathy, and technical expertise.
- Strong development experience in Ruby, Go, or another programming language.
- Previous professional experience in a DevOps/SRE/ProdEng role supporting customer-facing web services.
- Previous success in enabling effective partnerships and strong communication with other engineers and teams.
- Experience creating and working with containers, as well as using container orchestration tools.
- Experience building and managing highly-available public cloud infrastructure and services, with an emphasis on stability, scalability, and security.
- Experience using configuration management and infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Experience supporting relational or no-SQL databases, message buses, caching services, and other common service components.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and testing platforms.
- Familiarity with common monitoring, logging, and observability platforms.
- A positive attitude, a collaborative mindset, and a focus on the customer.
- Experience with some of this tech - AWS services, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Datadog, Terraform
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
- We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
Something looks off?