Staff Security Engineer - Data Security
About the role
We are looking for a Security Software Engineer with experience or background working with the Data Engineering and Data Science teams. In this role, you will be part of a hands-on security team focused on securing our data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, data warehouses, and tools utilized by Chime’s machine learning and data engineering teams. As a security engineer embedded into an engineering team, you excel in clear communication to articulate problems and present reasonable solutions that reduce our overall security risk. The ideal candidate for this role has the insight to find, passion to drive, and skill to implement optimal security solutions.
We're a small dedicated team that’s always thinking of innovative ways to tackle hard security problems. We take on ambitious projects that have a huge impact on our members and build a strong security culture of our company. The team encourages talking about what problems we are solving for, the methods and accomplishments in public blogs and at conferences. If these are things that resonate with the way you work, we'd love to hear from you.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $188,500 and up to $267,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Recommend and implement security solutions and systems for cloud data warehouses, data analytics tools, and machine learning infrastructure
- Define data encryption and masking standards and develop procedures and tools to ensure the desired data protection requirements are implemented
- Design and build solutions that empower machine learning and data engineering teams to own their data security posture with confidence
- Enhance the security posture of our machine learning data infrastructure in Snowflake, AWS, and Looker by introducing preventive controls and detection alerts
- Be the security point of contact for any data security questions or concerns and be heavily involved in developing data security and handling policies
To thrive in this role, you have
- Proven experience of building and deploying security features and projects
- Experience securing data warehouses, and relational databases, particularly AWS RDS and Snowflake
- Experience with data analytic tools (Looker experience preferred)
- Experience with data ingestion and ML tools in AWS (Glue, Airflow, and Sagemaker)
- Proficiency in designing security solutions for data processing pipelines
- Terraform hands-on experience
- Practical coding knowledge (Python or Golang is preferred)
- A self-starter attitude who knows how to gather requirements and hit milestones
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?