Marketing Analytics Lead
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As the Sr Marketing Analyst at Gusto, you’ll sit in the center of helping us understand the performance of our marketing efforts. You’ll write SQL queries, build reports leveraging Google Sheets and Tableau, and deliver analysis to the final presentation form. You’ll be part of the Revenue Analytics team surrounded by adept complementary partners in marketing, sales, data science, business intelligence, data engineering, finance, and more. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn, grow and solve the business problems they face.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps marketing teams improve performance across channels
- Champion data literacy within the organization, build actionable data products, and drive adoption rates
- Analyze channel data, including email marketing, upsell, retention, ads, customer segments to pinpoint opportunities to increase revenue and margin
- Provide analysis and insight on marketing initiatives: campaign performance, channel contributions, attribution analysis, ROI, and performance against budget and forecast
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Business teams to build automated dashboards to help business partners and leadership make faster decisions
- Partner with Business Intelligence (BI) teams to scope and deliver dashboards using Tableau that enable data driven decision making
- Engage cross functionally with Sales and RevOps Excellence to build full funnel views of the prospect journey and strive for one single source of truth
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of highly analytical experience, ideally in marketing or business intelligence
- Intense attention to detail, highly focused on quality and accuracy of work product. Strong organization, prioritization and troubleshooting skills while juggling multiple projects.
- Solid experience analyzing data to drive insights and decision-making. First principles thinker who utilizes data effectively to drive insights and decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self starter and fast learner who thrives in a rapidly changing environment and gets things done.
- Ability to inform and support senior leadership, drive change, and also pivot to work in the details to troubleshoot issues.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel or Google Sheets.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Tableau
- Basic user of PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Experience with typical sales & marketing stack technologies (e.g. Salesforce) and analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience at a fast-paced technology company is preferred.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 100,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $165,000 - $189,000 in San Francisco and New York, and $137,000 - $156,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.