CX Benefits Operations, Fulfillment Lead
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Fulfillment team within the Benefit Operations org is at the core of providing services that give our customers peace of mind. Group Operations exists to ensure impeccable delivery of key customer needs. We are looking to invite a high-energy, results-oriented, inspirational Operations leader with the ability to work well and influence cross-functionally to scale our Fulfillment Operations team!
There are thousands of critical operational tasks that are completed for our customers accurately and on time, every time, in a proactive and scalable manner. We collaborate, help each other, and work cross-functional in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Coach and develop a team of frontline Operations leaders focused on queue/inventory management and team performance.
- Create clarity on team roles, expectations, and objectives focused on consistent, accurate, and exceptional customer outcomes and experience.
- Connect your team to larger company objectives to create engagement and purpose in work.
- Translate and share the priorities of Gusto with our teams and focus on success with a holistic approach.
- Drive OKR initiatives cross functionally aligning with multiple teams to ensure we meet expected operational outcomes.
- Investigate, analyze, and synthesize data to recommend and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to deliver results and drive standardization across a large team.
- Leader of change management in planning and facilitating team-wide improvement to the customer and Gustie experience.
- Able to drive standardization in order to increase department output, quality, and efficiency to meet customer needs.
- Ability to manage, improve, and control staffing levels for growth across a large operations team.
- Deliver recommendations to senior leadership to ensure end to end awareness among cross-functional teams; collaborate with internal and external partners to identify opportunities.
- Execute on the strategic direction for Gusto’s benefit customers including implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn exceptional customer outcomes.
- Foster a culture of engagement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years minimum of people management experience, leading teams
- Minimum 2+ years experience leading managers preferred
- Minimum 3+ years experience leading organizational change
- Experience leading in CX, Operations, inventory management, Health Care Industry, Customer Service, Customer Success.
- Adaptable leader who is passionate about team development and coaching and leads with compassion and empathy
- An advocate for customer experience, change, and delivering results
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels and with all teams at Gusto
- Experience using technology/automation solutions (i.e. SalesForce, APIs, G-Suite) to enable team success
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $125,000.00/yr to $155,000.00/yr in Denver, and most major metros. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.