Head of Marketing - Members Segment
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Members team at Gusto is responsible for developing and bringing to market mobile app and web experiences that help more than 1.5 million employees manage their day to day work and maximize their paycheck. Work and finances are two major sources of stress for many Americans. Our Gusto Wallet app helps give employees that get paid via Gusto (or, Members) more confidence to manage their work and money, by helping them get their money as soon as possible and access tools that make their money work as hard as they do.
We are looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to help increase adoption of Gusto Wallet and our financial products. This is a key position within the Marketing team at Gusto Wallet. This role is responsible for developing effective marketing positioning, testing messaging by executing growth experiments, and ultimately driving increased conversion - especially to our financial products. You will communicate the benefits of Gusto Wallet in a singular, concise, and compelling value proposition that will be delivered at critical moments in a Member’s customer journey - across all in-product touchpoints, mobile experiences, push notifications, and emails. This will help our customers find it easier to understand and adopt the Gusto Wallet app. You’ll partner closely with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams and be responsible for ambitious targets and pushing the envelope to unlock conversion at scale and ROI.
The ideal experience for this role is in growth, product marketing, or demand generation roles in a B2C FinTech, HRTech or another high-growth startup. You should have a strong understanding of both qualitative and quantitative marketing strategies and tactics and be able to lead with a growth-mindset and adapt in a modern fast-paced environment. You will be equally comfortable flexing creative muscles and writing product messaging as well as developing experiments (with Engineering, Product, and Design) teams and executing these yourself. This role will report directly into the Head of Marketing at Gusto Wallet.
Role Type: Hybrid (This is a hybrid work arrangement that must be able to work from our San Francisco, New York, or Denver office at least two days each week).
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop, plan, own and execute end-to-end growth tactics and marketing campaigns across multiple channels - including website, mobile app, email, content marketing, and more
- Set up and execute A/B experiments to test and validate hypotheses in an effort to improve our customer conversion rate. These may include refining messaging, lifecycle programs, or new creative expressions of our product and its benefits
- Collaborate and seek alignment on delivering shared programs between Product, Engineering, Design, Operations and more
- Build and analyze data reports tracking conversion in our adoption funnel, as well as CAC and LTV performance
- Communicate and report on KPIs, campaign performance and use data-driven insights to identify opportunities for campaign optimization and improvement
- Evaluate use of tools and channels and increase efficiency and performance
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and customer needs to inform product positioning, marketing strategy and messaging
- Manage allocated marketing budget and identify resources to maximize performance
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 4 years experience developing, owning and executing successful growth marketing campaigns in B2C FinTech, HRTech or another high-growth startup
- Demonstrable experience working across different marketing disciplines and channels - such as email marketing, conversion rate optimization, and product marketing - to drive increased user adoption, engagement, revenue, and ROI
- Bias for speed. We move very quickly, and will expect you to set a similar pace
- A high bar for quality and strong attention to detail. You can dive into the weeds with your team and pick up on the seemingly small, yet important, details to make sure your work product is unparalleled
- Builder mindset who can work individually or enjoys collaboration with others. We will expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard to provide feedback and get the job done
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results on time and on budget
- Proven to be a succinct writer and clear communicator
- Be proactive in seeking out creative opportunities and communicate often with transparency
- Experience with tools such as Optimizely, Iterable, Redash (or similar)
Our cash compensation range for this role is $112,000 - $138,000 in San Francisco & New York or $92,000 - $114,000 in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.