Community Support Lead
NEAR has the reputation of creating and nurturing a warm, welcoming and inclusive community. Community Moderators usually act as the first touch point to the NEAR ecosystem and play a vital role in ensuring that the NEAR community is thriving and healthy by offering a safe and inclusive space online.
In the next 12 months, we want our Community Support Lead to build a stellar team of moderators ensuring coverage across channels, engage with the community, convey community feedback to the NEAR Foundation, and constantly improve the overall experience for the NEAR community across online channels.
- Define, execute and manage the strategy and roadmap for NEAR Community channels
- Be responsible for 24/7 coverage on Telegram, Discord, Forum & Reddit
- Develop escalation processes and moderation guidelines
- Evaluate and introduce tools that assist the team of moderators with their work
- Maintaining and improving engagement on community channels
- Set up ways to measure the right metrics for community channels
- Build a sense of community(SOCI) and facilitate the process of people helping each other.
- Constantly find new ways to refine and improve community experience
- Relay feedback from the community to the NEAR Foundation
- Develop a roadmap with timelines for decentralized community support & moderation
- A proven track record in leading community building or moderation teams
- Familiarity with platforms like Telegram/Discord/Discourse/Reddit and tools that can be used to manage them efficiently
- Strategic thinker who can build thoughtful, data and insight driven plans for community channels
- Produced reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Strong understanding of Web3 terms and technology
- Great knowledge of online communities and cool under pressure
- Not required, but nice to have: ability to read and write in multiple languages
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.
Something looks off?