Experienced Data Engineer - Data Engineering
- Defining the long-term technical roadmap for building a data-driven culture at Plaid.
- Focus on data quality and privacy.
- Leading key data engineering projects that drive collaboration across the company.
- Mentoring engineers, operations, and data analysts on best practices for data organization and query performance.
- Advocating for adopting industry tools and practices at the right time.
- Owning core SQL and python data pipelines that power our data lake and data warehouse.
- Well-documented data with defined dataset quality, uptime, and usefulness.
- 6+ years of dedicated data engineering experience, solving complex data pipelines issues at scale.
- You value SQL as a flexible and extensible tool, and are comfortable with modern SQL data orchestration tools like DBT, Mode, Hightouch, and Airflow.
- Experience working both real-time systems like Kinesis, Kafka, Flink, and batch data pipelines in Redshift, Presto, and Data Lakes.
- You appreciate the importance of schema design, and can evolve an analytics schema on top of unstructured data.
- You are excited to try out new technologies. You like to produce proof-of-concepts that balance technical advancement and user experience and adoption.
- You like to get deep in the weeds to manage, deploy, and improve low level data infrastructure.
- You are empathetic working with stakeholders. You listen to them, ask the right questions, and collaboratively come up with the best solutions for their needs.
- You are a champion for data privacy and integrity, and always act in the best interest of consumers.